Monday, September 24, 2012

Angela's Ashes REVIEW

Review of Angela's Ashes

I found the book "Angela's Ashes" to be a great page turner for myself. I felt that I was really able to feel the pain that Frankie McCourt shared with us through his words of his life story. I loved the feeling he put into it and the technique he used by starting off his story as a young boy. Just by the first paragraph I was able to see the full potential his story had which encouraged me to keep reading. When I am reading a book I mostly enjoy reading about someone elses drama or tragedy in their lives other than stories that always work out well in the end. I believe what also kept me reading this story is that i was never able to predict what would happen next to Frankie and his family. He went through such trama with dealing with a drunken father who would waste his money on pubs instead of bringing it home to his family. The heart-ache of having not only 1 but 3 younger siblings dieing because of sickness, leaving his mother in such sadness she wasnt able to carry on and take care of Frankie and his brothers. It was almost hard to read this book though because I felt so much pain for Frankie and his siblings. While I was reading this book I tried to put myself in Frankie's place. I also wondered if this life style would be the same for my family because we also have a lot of children in my family, and money would be very low if we were in their situation. I enjoyed reading this book even though a few times it brought  me to almost crying, for example when the second twin died. I feel that Frankie's life weighed out to be more bad then good. He went through a lot of tough times that didn't seem fair. I also think he was much to young for some of the situations he put and got himself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment