Saturday, February 23, 2013

SHAKESPEARE PREPARED US ALL


I think Shakespeare is a very relevant subject to be learned in school because he has made up most of the common words we use today. Shakespeare is a great tool to practice on analyzing sonnets, and his poem because it can be a challenge for most people. To be honest, Shakespeare is not my favorite things to study or spend a lot of time on, but i do know it is something we should all be familiar with. i feel that Shakespeare is relevant to have in school because it also shares some historical content. This would be considered cultural literacy in my thoughts. Shakespeare is something we should all have learned one time or another. Just as if we are learning Shakespeare in our English classes. I feel it is relevant to consistently learn about Shakespeare, whereas in 9th grade we read one of his plays, "A Mid Summer's Night Dream." Learning this type of language was hard for me at first, but having it more involved in our vocabulary by reading it more has made it a lot easier. One of my favorite plays from Shakespeare is, "Romeo and Juliette." this play is so well know all over the world and has made and impact not only in Shakespearean time, but ours as well. Modern movies have recreated this play so many times and even just the general idea of his play has been the plot of these new movies such as a lot of Romantic movies being made. Because Shakespeare has lived on in our lives for so many years even after his own death, we should be learning about him in school. While reading one of his other plays "Macbeth" it was sort of difficult for me to read only because I felt  Shakespeare added to many words when someone would say something. I know that is just how the language was back then, especially with Shakespeare, but I had a difficult time translating it. How would you feel if today everyone spoke like they did in Shakespeare's time? Phone bills would probably double for the amount of words in a single text message! I guess this is just a culture we would have been use to if we  lived in those times, but what if Shakespeare was born in our times and all of his plays were written how we talk today? I think it would look a lot like how my pictures shows him texting. I think the language from then to now has gotten dumber, but easier only because today's society has gotten dumber and lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment